- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Americorps
AmeriCorps is a U.S. federal government program that was created under President Bill Clinton by the National and Community Service Trust Act of 1993 and later expanded by 50 percent under President George W. Bush. The work done by these groups ranges from public education to environmental clean-up. - Source: Wikipedia
AmeriCorps is looking for 500 mentors and community coordinators for a summer program that helps 3,000 West Virginia children maintain and improve reading skills.
New Hampshire residents are remembering Martin Luther King Jr. through speeches and doing good deeds.
About 2 ½ years ago, Kris Harmelink was on track to attend the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
At a White House ceremony Monday, President Obama announced a Task Force on Expanding National Service.