- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Ames Items
With three more presidential debates scheduled and a quarterly fundraising report due, the next five weeks loom as do-or-die time for some of the lesser GOP candidates trying to make enough of an impression to stay in the race.
Rep. Michele Bachmann says she is winning the kind of crossover support from disgruntled Democrats and independents that will be needed to defeat President Obama next year, but pollsters and political analysts don't think the claim — at least for now — pans out.
A Gallup survey released Monday showed that all four of the leading Republican presidential candidates poll about the same in a hypothetical race against President Obama.
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., looking to jump-start a slumbering presidential campaign, ripped into his Republican rivals Sunday, saying the field has "zero substance" and saving his harshest comments for front-runners Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry.
GOP presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann on Friday stood by her promise to bring gas prices down to around $2 a gallon if elected.
One day after winning the Iowa straw poll, GOP presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann did a victory lap Sunday, hitting all the major political talk shows and pushing the message that she is the Republican best qualified to defeat President Obama.
No, the Ames Straw Poll doesn't mean much. But on the other hand, a Bachmann win there does mean something.
Texas Gov. Rick Perry went directly after President Obama on Sunday, and roused the fervor of fellow Republicans as few of his GOP nomination rivals have so far shown they can do.
The weekend's straw poll in Ames lived up to its historic role as presidential bouncer, validating Rep. Michelle Bachmann's front-runner status in Iowa and kicking former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty to the curb — reshuffling the Republican race for the White House along the way.