- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Latest Ami Bera Items
Elections will never be cakewalks for Rep. Ami Bera. The nearly even split between Democratic and Republican voters in California's 7th Congressional District means the freshman Democrat is likely to confront a strong challenger each two-year election cycle.
A look at the most competitive California House races in this year's midterm elections, based on demographics, fundraising reports and interviews with political analysts and Republican and Democratic strategists.
Two California congressmen, Democratic Rep. Ami Bera and Republican Rep. Jeff Denham, said Thursday that they have formed a bipartisan caucus to advocate for the state's public universities and students.
Democratic Rep. Ami Bera has been making a habit lately of bucking his own president and voting with the Republican majority in the House as it moves to amend or overturn parts of the national health care law.
At least eight children of Indian immigrants are running for Congress or statewide office. The star of this trend is Nikki Haley, who is favored to win the election for South Carolina governor.