- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Latest Amr Corp. Items
Southwest Airlines Co., the nation's biggest discount airline, reported a profit of $112 million for spring and early summer.
Airlines ratcheted up the pressure on fliers ahead of the holiday weekend, significantly raising ticket prices to offset the runaway cost of fuel. The three biggest carriers each boosted most domestic fares by up to $60 for a round trip, while budget airline AirTran Airways raised its leisure fares by $30 round trip.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — American Airlines will start charging $15 for the first checked bag, cut domestic flights and lay off possibly thousands of workers as it grapples with record-high fuel prices.
NEW YORK (AP) — United Airlines said yesterday it increased ticket prices for the second time in a week, adding to its bet that customers will absorb an unrelenting rise in fuel costs.
Edward Brennan, 73, Sears chairman, CEO
From combined dispatches