- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Anacostia Senior High School
Anacostia Senior High School caught fire Friday morning and a firefighter battling the blaze was injured when he fell through the roof of the school, D.C. fire officials said.
After millions of dollars in infrastructure investment and years of sharply scrutinized teacher performance, D.C. officials say it's time for students to step up their game this school year.
A 15-year-old girl charged in the shooting death of another teen in Southeast made her first appearance in court, where a detective testified the shooting appeared to be an accident but that someone tried to cover up the crime.