- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By Ed Feulner
Nation is rising again on the shoulders of average folks
Topic - Andrea Leon-Grossman
Popular pressure is mounting in the United States and Italy to keep Cardinal Roger Mahony, the archbishop emeritus of Los Angeles, away from the conclave to elect the next pope because of his role in shielding sexually abusive priests, a movement targeting one of the most prominent of a handful of compromised cardinals scheduled to vote next month.
"It's the right thing to do," Andrea Leon-Grossman, a Los Angeles member of Catholics United, said in a statement on the group's website. "In the interests of the children who were raped in his diocese, he needs to keep out of the public eye. He already has been stripped of his ministry. If he's truly sorry for what has happened, he would show some humility and opt to stay home."