- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
Latest Andrea Noble Items
The Washington Times won 10 Dateline Awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, a competition recognizing Washington-area journalists and news organizations for print, broadcast and online work done in 2013.
The Washington Times has won 16 awards in the 2013 Virginia Press Association competition for writing, photography and design, an annual contest among multiple news organizations in several regions. The recognition included four first-place designations.
The city is experiencing lower homicide rates, as officials recently announced, and that is truly good news (and let's pray it continues). Gathering, disseminating and sharing accurate daily, weekly, monthly and yearly crime information equals credibility. As things stand now, the department is blocking the public's view.
The loudest headlines in local news are often about shootings, stabbings and assorted mayhem, events that should routinely leave us questioning whether we even value life anymore.