- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Andrelton Simmons
St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina won his sixth straight Gold Glove award Tuesday, making him one of four players in the World Series rewarded for superior defense this season.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman will not play in the All-Star game after jamming his left thumb.
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman has a thumb injury that is preventing him from playing Sunday and leaves his status for the All-Star game in question.
The Nationals' slow offensive start has been concerning to some, worrisome to others and downright nerve-fraying to certain factions of the fanbase. For plenty, it's been maddening to watch them strike out, swinging or looking, so often. To see them come up small in large situations. To hit the ball on the screws, and right at a waiting fielder.
Jones got two hits and Bernadina drove in two runs to help the Netherlands upset South Korea 5-0 in the World Baseball Classic on Saturday.
Justin Upton, acquired with Johnson from Arizona in a seven-player trade on Thursday, had his first news conference on Tuesday. Brother B.J. was in the audience with the brothers' beaming parents, Manny and Yvonne.
Jason Heyward was in the audience as B.J. Upton was introduced Thursday as Atlanta's new centerfielder.
Free-agent outfielder B.J. Upton and the Atlanta Braves have agreed to a five-year contract, a person familiar with the deal said Wednesday night.
Strange things transpire on baseball fields on October. Even by the standards of the month that creates baseball's legends and goats, what occurred Friday night under a shower of bottles and profanity and garbage at Turner Field was unusual.
Ryan Mattheus kept his eyes low, his words muffled. He berated himself. He called his inability to throw strikes in the decisive eighth inning Saturday night "inexcusable" and searched for the reason why his command deserted him.
Braves rookie shortstop Andrelton Simmons will miss at least a month with a broken right little finger.