- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
Latest Andrés Blanco Items
In the morning, Washington Nationals outfielder Brett Carroll watched as the man who'd been his primary competition for a spot on the team's bench all spring quietly packed up his belongings. In the afternoon, Carroll all but solidified his place on the roster.
Anthony Rendon is a third baseman. The Washington Nationals see him as a third baseman, they plan to play him in the minor leagues as a third baseman and they don't intend to force him into a position change unless it's necessary to get him to the major leagues.
Shortstop Elvis Andrus will be out of the Texas Rangers' lineup at least through the weekend because of a sore left wrist.
Rookie Brian Matusz pitched eight innings, and the Baltimore Orioles used a four-run seventh to defeat Colby Lewis and the skidding Texas Rangers 4-0 on Thursday night.