- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Latest Andrew Beckwith Items
In 2003, against the will of a majority of citizens, a handful of justices in Massachusetts ruled that the state constitution guarantees equal marriage rights for homosexual couples. The following year, “marriages” of same-sex couples began. We are now seeing the effects play out in many areas of public life, including the Massachusetts public school system.
he Massachusetts Department of Education has issued a new directive for schools in the handling of transgendered students, including allowing them to use whichever restroom they choose.