- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Andrew Cuomo
African-Americans, Latinos and Asians accounted for 29 percent of votes cast during the 2010 elections in New York state. That number is expected to increase to 30 or 31 percent in this year's election.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo is proposing 50 new outdoor access projects around New York state.
New York Air National Guard Col. Dawne Deskins is being promoted to brigadier general.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's signature proposal, a tax increase on the wealthy to pay for universal prekindergarten, appears to be on life support, blocked by a governor and state lawmakers who stubbornly oppose such a tax in an election year.
Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino said Friday he smoked a couple of joints in college - but that was last time he used marijuana.
Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino has introduced himself in Buffalo, a day after formally entering the race for governor.
A top Republican county official from New York City's northern suburbs took his new campaign for governor on the road Thursday by appealing for votes from the Bronx to Buffalo.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo says that a solution to provide space for charter schools in public school buildings is being discussed with legislative leaders.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is maintaining a strong lead over potential challengers despite a sharp drop in his job approval rating among voters feeling tough economic times, according to a new poll released Thursday.
Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz has named his seven appointees to a committee exploring the possibility of building a new stadium for the Buffalo Bills.
A top county official from New York City's northern suburbs announced Wednesday that he will run for governor, launching an uphill fight to unseat heavily favored incumbent Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Chirlane McCray, who already wields more influence than any New York City first lady in recent memory, will further expand her role when she travels to Albany next week for some high-profile lobbying for her husband's signature pre-kindergarten plan.
New York state wants to make farmers' markets more accessible to low-income consumers.
A California-based film and television company is moving its operations to a suburban Syracuse complex that will specialize in providing advanced visual production research.
The New York Senate has confirmed Hobart and Williams Smith Colleges President Mark Gearan to head the state commission that oversees gambling.
A former colleague who has talked with both men and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the discussions said Cuomo was "shocked that Bill continued to act like he's trying to win a liberal primary."
Cuomo says the new access points will allow for more than $6 million in projects.