- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - andrew gordon
Traffic around the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge was flowing smoothly on Thursday after its eastern span was closed and work progressed on a new stretch set to open early next week.
The Nashville Predators and Vancouver Canucks added some reinforcements for a playoff run, while Rick Nash's wish for a deal didn't come to fruition Monday as the NHL trade deadline passed without any blockbuster moves.
There's an ill-placed column in one of the alternate locker rooms at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. It cuts off the corner of the room and makes one or two players have to deal with it while getting ready.
Andrew Gordon had a goal and assist for his first two NHL points, and the Washington Capitals earned their second straight victory by beating the New Jersey Devils 5-1 on Tuesday night.
Nicklas Backstrom scored two goals to lead the Washington Capitals to a 4-1 preseason victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night.
Center Jay Beagle has signed a two-year contract with the Washington Capitals.
The entire bridge closed Wednesday night so crews could do final work, and they were still striping, putting up signs and putting down roadway markers Monday, said bridge spokesman Andrew Gordon.
"The key thing here is that construction is going very well. We're on schedule," Gordon said.