- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Andrew Jackson Items
It was 210 years ago Friday when Vice President Aaron Burr killed former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton in a duel in Weehawken, N.J.
Bad economic times breed angry politics.
Mary Harriet Moore scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to help the Bishop England girls beat Andrew Jackson 59-26 on Saturday for the Class 2A state championship.
U.S. Sen. Bob Corker will be the keynote speaker at a celebration of President Andrew Jackson's 247th birthday.
Restoration work at The Hermitage in Nashville is on track to be completed in time for former President Andrew Jackson's 246th birthday on March 15.
Saturday marked the 270th anniversary of the birth of Thomas Jefferson. The third president has been claimed by the Democratic Party as one of its own, with the Jefferson-Jackson dinners that are annual fundraising events, especially for prospective presidential candidates.
If the Republicans don't stop concentrating their energies and salvos on a lame-duck president, as well as feudin', fussin' and fightin' among themselves, they may wish, at a minimum, to review the history of the Whigs, their predecessor party.
With the bicentennial of the War of 1812 soon upon us, a plethora of books on the subject are in the market. Some treat individual actions or single theaters. Some deal with politics, and some deal with diplomacy, but "1812: The Navy's War" deals with it all.
President Andrew Jackson's Farewell Address,