- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Andrew M. Cuomo
Latest Andrew M. Cuomo Items
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Friday thanked the governors of New York and Connecticut for offering assistance to the help the Garden State rebuild, once more, a section of seaside boardwalk that was destroyed by fire late Thursday — less than a year after it had been torn apart by Superstorm Sandy.
The Maryland Senate voted Thursday to legalize same-sex marriage, making Maryland the eighth state along with the District of Columbia to approve such legislation.
Gov. Martin O'Malley says this year's failed attempts to legalize same-sex marriage in Maryland are just part of a long-term challenge and that his renewed effort next year will build on last month's successful effort in New York.
Gov. Martin O'Malley will sponsor a bill to legalize same-sex marriage in next year's General Assembly, he said Friday.
Embattled Rep. Anthony D. Weiner announced Thursday he was resigning, saying that a scandal involving his sexually charged online relationships with several women had made it impossible for him to serve.
Millions of retired and disabled people in the United States had better brace for another year with no increase in Social Security payments.
California's Jerry Brown and New York's Andrew M. Cuomo won their gubernatorial election bids last year with strong support from public-employee unions, which puts them each in a particularly dicey position when it comes to their states' mammoth budget deficits.
Liberalism was running at full throttle in the Age of Obama until it collided with the 2010 midterm elections, when the American people yelled "Stop!"
From extravagant black-tie galas to a casual no-tie barbecue, gubernatorial inauguration events in the coming days will vary widely in cost, size and panache.