- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Andrew Moesel
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray apparently wants to be Mayor Bloomberg when he grows up. And it's not just about Big Gulps. The mayor wants to ban drink cups of all sizes, so long as they're made of convenient Styrofoam. That's a headache for coffee drinkers and businesses in the nation's capital. Coffee is to the capital what aviation fuel is to the airlines, and banning Styrofoam cups wouldn't reduce waste very much.
New York City's Board of Health signaled strong support Tuesday for the mayor's plan to fight obesity by banning the sale of large, sugary beverages at local restaurants.