- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
Andrew P Harris
Latest Andrew P Harris Items
Gov. Martin O'Malley surprised Maryland lawmakers Wednesday by suggesting an increase in the state sales tax, jump-starting the 2012 General Assembly on what was expected to be a largely ceremonial first day.
Battle over Ten Commandments in Virginia reaches federal court; Giordano to be released from Aruba prison; Caps fire Boudreau; O'Malley, McDonnell take business battle offshore; Elderly shoppers attacked in Montgomery County; Harris has Democrat challenger in 1st District; Arlington County considers eminent domain at Courthouse Plaza.
Those quarterback sacks, the excruciating tackles: Republicans are apparently more appreciative of NFL "violence" than Democrats. There's a partisan divide even when it comes to football, says a new Poll Position survey of 1,032 voters revealing that GOPers actually favor the rough stuff more than other respondents in multiple demographic categories. A quarter of all Americans say that professional football is "too violent," compared to 21 percent of Republicans and 31 percent of Democrats.
D.C. ends 'land banking'; Jury selection resumes in Lululemon murder trial; Rep. Harris benefits from Maryland redistricting; Maryland transportation commission making final recommendations; Suspect in cabbie killing was in custody of D.C.'s youth-rehab agency; Hit-and-run kills man in Shaw; Suliamon Brown in traffic court; Ehrlich's book due out Dec. 6.
The new congressional map approved last week by the Democrat-controlled General Assembly could make Rep. Andy Harris unbeatable in his 1st District for years to come.
Maryland Democrats looking to extend their dominance in state politics during this year's congressional redistricting appear to have settled on a primary target — forcing out 10-term Republican Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett from his Western Maryland seat.
Most Maryland representatives on Thursday said they were skeptical that a bipartisan agreement on President Obama's jobs plan could be reached.
King Memorial the backdrop for statehood fight; Homicides surge in Prince George's, decline in D.C.; Maryland's Franchot hammers Congress on debt; Court filing reveals more about Gaithersburg man held in Aruba disappearance; Nine victims now for serial slasher; Virginia adds $50M to surplus; MoveOn supporters target Maryland GOP Rep. Harris; Census: Maryland with more Hispanics, gays
Maryland Democrats will likely set their sights on the state's two Republican congressional districts during redistricting this year, but they could have trouble improving upon the favorable map they built a decade ago.