- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Latest Andrew Sullivan Items
The resignation of a Silicon Valley executive who opposed gay marriage and refused to recant has sparked an online fight among gays about whether proponents of same-sex marriage are now going too far in trying to marginalize their opponents socially and economically.
Conservative political commentator Andrew Sullivan received a sea of chuckles on the final episode of "The Chris Matthews Show" on Sunday after he said that "with any luck" the United States will not be a world superpower in 20 years.
Andrew Sullivan, noted gay commentator and self-professed practicing Catholic, said on a Sunday news talk show that same-sex marriage is in line with his religious faith.
Struggling left-leaning magazine Newsweek grabbed some rare attention this week with its cover story asking why President Obama's critics are "so dumb." In a lengthy essay. avowed Obama junkie Andrew Sullivan posits that Mr. Obama is not the pathetic loser many of his critics say he is. In fact, his "long game" will outsmart naysayers on the right, left and center - provided he gets re-elected.
Very few Americans are fans of both "The Communist Manifesto" and "Mein Kampf," as 22-year-old Jared Lee Loughner, the purported Tucson killer, apparently was. Fewer still post on the Internet fears about "brainwashing," "mind control" and "conscience dreaming"; have long records of public disruption and aberrant behavior; were expelled from community college; or were rejected summarily for military service.