- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Andy Oleksy
Twenty-eight regular-season games with the Caps complete, Oleksy will play his first in the Stanley Cup playoffs this week against the New York Rangers. It's fair to say no one saw this coming.
"I was kind of shocked and kind of not," Andy Oleksy said.
"I give him full credit for what he did," said Andy, who credited wife Sue and her mother with telling him to let his son dictate his direction. "I wasn't the first one to encourage him, but once he did it, he had our support a thousand percent."