- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Latest Angela Meade Items
Two American sopranos _ one established, one up-and-coming _ showed off their considerable talents in roles new to them at the Washington National Opera over the weekend.
Angela Meade, a rising star at the Metropolitan Opera, rose a notch higher as she stepped into one of the touchstone roles of the soprano repertory, Leonora in Verdi's "Il Trovatore."
Is there such a thing as too much beauty _ as a criticism?
Soprano Angela Meade has won the Beverly Sills Artist Award for young singers.
On paper, it reads like the operatic equivalent of Mission Impossible: Take over the taxing title role of Donizetti's "Anna Bolena" right after Russian superstar Anna Netrebko has completed a run of seven sold-out performances.