- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
- Sarah Palin Channel makes online debut as counter to mainstream media
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Anjale Barrett
Natalie Novosel was more nervous than excited. The eighth overall pick by the Washington Mystics in Monday's WNBA draft, Novosel said she's glad it's behind her.
Maryland proved again this season that it is clearly one of the nation's elite women's basketball programs.
Alyssa Thomas scored a career-high 29 points and No. 6 Maryland beat No. 15 Georgia Tech 68-65 on Sunday to win the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament championship.
Barrett said it still hasn't quite sunk in that she's a professional basketball player.
"We developed a bond when we played together," Barrett said. "She's a great player and a great person."