- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Ann Clemmer Items
An Arkansas House panel on Thursday recommended allowing representatives to raise campaign funds during this month's legislative session, expanding on a narrower recommendation last week to just lift the fundraising ban for two members running for Congress.
An Arkansas House panel recommended Wednesday that two members running for Congress be allowed to raise campaign funds during next month's session, but stopped short of calling for an end to the fundraising ban for other representatives.
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Lt. Gov. Mark Darr had the right message at the right time when he was elected Arkansas' second-in-command in 2010 despite no prior political experience.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — With pressure mounting for Arkansas Lt. Gov. Mark Darr to resign or be removed from office over ethics violations, fellow Republicans are wrestling with the political consequences of a prolonged impeachment fight during an election year.
The Arkansas General Assembly on Wednesday enacted a first-in-the-nation law that would ban most abortions after 12 weeks of pregnancy if a fetal heartbeat is detected.
The Arkansas state Senate voted Tuesday to override the Democratic governor's veto of a bill that would outlaw most abortions if the fetus is older than 12 weeks and if its heartbeat can be heard.