- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
Topic - Anna Bligh
Oscar-nominated Australian actress Diane Cilento, who was once married to James Bond actor Sean Connery, has died in northern Australia, an official said Friday. She was 78.
Thousands of people fled from the path of a monster storm bearing down on northeastern Australia that officials warned Tuesday was almost certain to cause widespread damage and could turn deadly in a state still suffering from massive floods.
Floodwaters poured into the empty downtown of Australia's third-largest city Wednesday after tearing a deadly path across the northeast, swamping neighborhoods in what could be Brisbane's most devastating floods in a century.
At least 10 people were killed and 78 were reported missing as a violent surge of water ravaged Toowoomba, Queensland, after 6 inches of rain fell in half an hour.
By Monday night, floodwaters had inundated the last route into the city, Queensland Premier Anna Bligh said.
"Rockhampton is now completely stranded — a town of 75,000 people — no airport, rail or road," Ms. Bligh told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio.