- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Anna Tatishvili Items
There was a turn-back-the-clock feel to Day 1 at the 2013 U.S. Open, when both sisters were about as good as can be, dropping a combined four games in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Upset in the first round a year ago, Williams channeled any lingering frustration into her overpowering strokes and drubbed Anna Tatishvili 6-0, 6-1.
The quick exit for Williams, a seven-time Grand Slam champion, came a year after her younger sister Serena was upset in the first round at Roland Garros.
Trying to get back to the U.S. Open quarterfinals for the first time since winning the 2006 title, Maria Sharapova found herself trailing in the final set against Nadia Petrova when some rain came.
Thanks in part to a little pep talk, Maria Sharapova returned to the U.S. Open quarterfinals for the first time since winning the title in 2006.
The delayed preparation is working well for Maria Sharapova so far at the Australian Open, where she has reached the third round after just two hours on court.
Rafael Nadal didn't drop a set and Roger Federer didn't pick up a racket. Both reached the third round of the Australian Open on Wednesday along with several of the top women.
Anna Tatishvili of Georgia has rallied to defeat Slovakia's Magdalena Rybarikova 0-6, 7-5, 7-5 and reach the second round of the Prague Open.