- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Anna Ushenina
Chinese WGM Hou Yifan used a dominating performance to reclaim the women's world title from overmatched Ukrainian WGM Anna Ushenina last week.
Making an impressive statement in his last major tournament before November's world championship match, Norwegian GM Magnus Carlsen used a tough last-round win over Armenia's Levon Aronian to capture sole first place in the Sinquefield Cup tournament in St. Louis, one of the strongest events held on American soil in decades.
They packed a maximum of drama into a minimum of games at the finals of the FIDE Women's World Cup last week in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia.