- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Anne Hathaway Items
These were supposed to be the younger, hipper Academy Awards, the ones that shook up the ceremony's conventions with popular, great-looking emcees in actors James Franco and Anne Hathaway, who were unlike the middle-aged comedians and TV talk-show hosts of years past.
Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Cee Lo Green, Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler. With pop stars, R&B singers and long-haired rockers galore at parties following the Academy Awards, the glam festivities felt more like the Grammys than Hollywood's biggest night honoring film.
Sandra Bullock was an Academy Award winner even without a trophy in hand, returning with humor and verve to the stage where she trumped as best actress last year.
"The King's Speech" has been crowned best picture at an Academy Awards ceremony as precise as a state coronation, the monarchy drama leading as expected with four Oscars and predictable favorites claiming acting honors.
"The King's Speech" was crowned best picture Sunday at an Academy Awards ceremony as precise as a state coronation, the monarchy drama leading as expected with four Oscars and predictable favorites claiming acting honors.
Natalie Portman has won the best-actress Academy Award for her role as a delusional ballerina in "Black Swan," while Tom Hooper has claimed the best-director Oscar for his British monarchy saga "The King's Speech."
Tom Hooper won the best-director Academy Award on Sunday for his British monarchy saga "The King's Speech," while Christian Bale and Melissa Leo earned supporting-acting honors for the boxing tale "The Fighter."
Melissa Leo's Oscar victory for "The Fighter" was expected. Kirk Douglas' touchingly comic presentation of the award wasn't.
Christian Bale and Melissa Leo won the supporting-acting Academy Awards on Sunday for the boxing drama "The Fighter," while "Toy Story 3" claimed the prize for feature animation.