- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Topic - Annette Hannon
Champagne taste on a beer budget doesn't have to mean you can't afford a little bubbly every now and then, at least not when it comes to providing some luxury items for your home.
The Blue House, at 4951 Rockwood Parkway NW in the District, provides the setting for the 2012 DC Design House, but it's the interior designers who add the pizzazz.
"Another idea is to have your own travel photos framed, which can give the room a gallery feel that looks sophisticated," Ms. Hannon said. "It's personalized, too, if you use your own photos."
"If you don't want to spend a lot on drapes, you can buy an inexpensive set of simple curtains and attach a 2- or 3-inch-wide grosgrain ribbon to the edge to transform it," Ms. Hannon said. "You can also buy a good quality but plain set of sheets and add a double-faced satin ribbon to the top sheet and to the pillowcases. Not only is this economical, but it adds a personalized touch."