- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Annie Streeter
A Miami father was fatally shot early Wednesday morning after two armed men forced their way into his home in an attempted robbery.
"I know he loved his family, and this is just like him, to give his life for his family," Ms. Streeter added.
"When the guys tried to go to the daughter's room, [Mr. Harris] got up to, you know, fight, and I guess they were fighting together and the gun went off and killed him," Ms. Streeter said.