- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Latest Antawn Jamison Items
Drew Gooden is likely to get a 10-day contract from the Wizards, but they want to give Kevin Seraphin, Trevor Booker and Chris Singleton a chance to prove they're ready for a bigger role first.
Whether Nene doesn't miss a beat or sits for a while with a knee injury, the Wizards have an open roster spot to fill. For now we explore the available frontcourt market including Earl Clark...and Kwame Brown.
The Atlanta Hawks have requested waivers on forward Antawn Jamison, whom they acquired in a low-key trade Thursday.
The Atlanta Hawks, looking for more front-line help as they attempt to remain in the Eastern Conference playoff race, acquired 37-year-old forward Antawn Jamison from the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.
John Wall will represent the Eastern Conference in the All-Star Game as voted by the coaches, becoming the Wizards' first representative since 2008, when it is made official later tonight.
The Portland Trail Blazers and Houston Rockets each had two players picked as reserves for the NBA All-Star game, while the Indiana Pacers had to settle for just Roy Hibbert despite the league's best record.
Los Angeles had its three-game winning streak broken, 116-111 by the Washington Wizards on Tuesday night, while Bryant, who signed a two-year contract extension on Monday, watched on television from the locker room.
Since their last trip to the playoffs — in 2007-08, when Gilbert Arenas, Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler were still on the roster — the Wizards haven't even won 30 games in a season once. They had a low of 19 wins in 2008-09.
Pau Gasol got home from the game and read about it on Twitter, while Dwight Howard got a midnight message on his BlackBerry. They shared most Los Angeles Lakers fans' mix of surprise, trepidation and anticipation.