- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
Anthony D. Weiner
Latest Anthony D. Weiner Items
A former porn actress who said she exchanged emails and messages over Twitter with Rep. Anthony D. Weiner said Wednesday he asked her to lie about their online communications.
So what's wrong with Anthony Weiner?
House Speaker John A. Boehner on Tuesday joined President Obama and a chorus of other Democrats in suggesting that Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, New York Democrat, resign, while a member of Mr. Weiner's state congressional delegation said she expects him to quit soon.
By a voice vote yesterday, the House approved Rep. Anthony Weiner's request for a two-week absence for "personal matters." As long as he's off-the-clock at an undisclosed location, taxpayers shouldn't foot the bill for the New York Democrat who is supposedly coming to grips with his odd obsession with sending obscene photographs of himself to women. Rep. Mike Capuano, Massachusetts Democrat, sponsored the motion offering Mr. Weiner some time off, and nobody objected.
It must be said: Rep. Anthony D. Weiner is what's wrong with America today.
You've got to admire the savvy of Anthony D. Weiner, if not the weenie himself. Not for his photographic skills, but for his insights into the national psyche. Taking leave of the House and entering "rehabilitation," whatever that may mean, he skillfully takes refuge in the pretensions of the Therapeutic Society.
Was Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, New York Democrat, playing us all for fools - giving us that cock-and-bull story that those lewd photos of his pelvic region were the result of his wireless devices being hacked? He must think we are all pretty dumb.
From the founding of the American republic, members of the political class have been caught lying about sex and, no doubt, sex scandals will continue, men (and women) being who they are. There often are demands that those involved resign - and sometimes they do because they are shamed or pushed. Most often, the real damage caused by lies about sex extend no further than to those directly involved, to their families and, at times, to their co-workers and colleagues.
House Democratic leaders on Sunday urged embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner to quit because of his sex texting scandal, a request the New York lawmaker has sidestepped in favor of a temporary leave of absence to undergo treatment.