- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
Anthony D. Weiner
Latest Anthony D. Weiner Items
The story about U.S. Rep. Anthony D. Weiner's use of Twitter to send a lewd photo to a woman has been awkward for comic Jon Stewart, a friend of the congressman's. On Tuesday, it proved painful as well.
Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, on Wednesday exhorted House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi to force embattled Rep. Anthony D. Weiner to resign.
His political career in jeopardy, Rep. Anthony Weiner has been making calls to colleagues to apologize for sending raunchy texts and photos to several women.
The political career of embattled Rep. Anthony D. Weiner appeared more tenuous Wednesday, as several fellow Democrats called on the New Yorker to resign after he admitted sending a lewd photo to a college student.
Rep. Anthony D. Weiner, New York Democrat, is following in the footsteps of politicians who have gone before him.
According to the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual IV, New York Rep. Anthony D. Weiner needs some time on the couch, preferably at $300 an hour or whatever psychiatrists charge in his Long Island district.
They call it BCS, Bill Clinton Syndrome, and it has broken out anew in New York City and Washington, where it was first discovered. As elaborated upon in scholarly detail in the now-famous "Starr Report: The Official Report of the Independent Counsel's Investigation of the President," BCS strikes powerful figures, usually male, who experience lewd compulsions of an over-powering nature, generally in the presence of technology, often the telephone, occasionally a smartphone or even a computer, and usually when they are alone or behind closed doors with a woman of inferior rank.
Jon Austin's wife, Amy, had a blunt assessment for her husband as the Minneapolis couple watched Rep. Anthony D. Weiner's stunning confession on television this week. "You'd be dead," she told him.
Among the first of significant books marking the 10th anniversary of 9/11: the New York City Fire Department's "FDNY 2001-2011: A Decade of Remembrance and Resilience," featuring an introduction by former President George W. Bush.