- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Anthony Davis Items
Commissioner David Stern has hinted at implementing a 23-and-under age-limit for NBA players in future Olympics. That wouldn't necessarily eliminate rookie-to-be Anthony Davis from consideration in 2016, but it would reduce the number of players who ever compete in the Games and create more one-and-done Olympians.
The score was tied at 20. The eight-minute scrimmage was over. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski motioned for the players to come off the court, which they did — just long enough to tell him and the coaching staff that a tie wasn't going to cut it. They wanted to play overtime.
Team USA roster for 2012 Olympics.
Blake Griffin aggravated a left knee injury during U.S. Olympic team training camp and has returned to Los Angeles for evaluation.
The Olympic men's basketball team is making its way to Washington, bringing with it an Olympic-sized, who's-better spat between superstars present and past.
LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and three other Olympic gold medalists already were back. Add a defensive stopper, a potent scorer off the bench, and one of the NBA's most explosive athletes, and the U.S. is certain it has a powerful Olympic basketball team.
Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala and James Harden were chosen Saturday to complete the roster for the U.S. Olympic basketball team.
LeBron James won a championship. Deron Williams became nearly $100 million richer. Kobe Bryant got Steve Nash as his backcourt partner.
Anthony Davis has a left ankle sprain that must be evaluated later this week before he can be cleared to practice with the U.S. team.