- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
Anthony G. Brown
Latest Anthony G. Brown Items
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My little brother died in service in 2009, and I was wondering if I could receive educational benefits for going to school. He was single and had no children.
A prolific campaign donor under federal investigation for contributions in D.C. elections is also linked to a quarter-million dollars given to Maryland politicians, including Gov. Martin O'Malley, two likely Democratic candidates for governor in 2014 and two prominent county executives over the past 13 years.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley said last week that he will return $7,000 in campaign donations from an adviser recently convicted of tax evasion.
HBO is developing a biopic about D.C. "Mayor-for-Life" Marion Barry with resurgent movie star Eddie Murphy rumored to be playing the lead.
The much-ballyhooed filming of Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln epic starring Daniel Day-Lewis has been underway in Richmond for some time. For those in and around Capitol Square, it's hard not to notice, what with all the actors milling around in 19th-century garb.
A Maryland commission recommended Tuesday that the state raise its gas tax by more than 60 percent over the next three years, but members acknowledged that taxpayers facing a dire economy could find the increase hard to swallow.
Md. redistricting map reaches House; O'Malley administration uses special session to push jobs, gas-tax increase; Va. considers cutting local road maintenance payments; Va. appeals court upholds Blood member's 'Crips-related' defense; Police find body of missing 11-year-old in Clarksburg; D.C. ends arrests for expired tags; Davis wins Leslie Johnson's seat in Prince George's; Five D.C. homicides in four days; Caps are 5-0, franchise record.
Maryland Lt. Gov. Anthony G. Brown asked the General Assembly on Tuesday to consider a gas-tax increase and during next year's regular session, and legislators acknowledged that support is likely increasing for a 15-cents-a-gallon hike.
Gov. Martin O'Malley visited Southern Maryland last week to survey damage caused by Hurricane Irene and almost left behind something important - his BlackBerry.