- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Antoine Griezmann
Paul Pogba scored with a late header to finally break Nigeria's stubborn resistance and Joseph Yobo scored an own-goal as France won 2-0 to reach the World Cup quarterfinals on Monday.
Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann staked his claim for a World Cup starting spot with his first international goal for France, only for midfielder Victor Caceres to do likewise and earn Paraguay a 1-1 draw with an 89th-minute header Sunday in Les Bleus' penultimate warm-up game before heading to Brazil.
France coach Didier Deschamps is putting the finishing touches on his World Cup squad with two new call-ups looking to make their debuts against the Netherlands.
France coach Didier Deschamps called up forward Antoine Griezmann on Thursday for a friendly against the Netherlands.
Four days after affirming its European credentials by toppling Manchester City, Barcelona slumped to a stinging 3-1 loss at Real Sociedad to relinquish the provisional Spanish league lead to Real Madrid on Saturday.
Barcelona set up another Copa del Rey final against rival Real Madrid on Wednesday after drawing 1-1 at Real Sociedad to win their two-legged semifinal.
Antoine Griezmann scored a hat trick Monday to help Real Sociedad beat Elche 4-0 in the Spanish league.
"Happy to be in the squad," Griezmann wrote on his Twitter account. "It's just the beginning. Let's keep on working."
"I don't put myself under any pressure when I play. For me it's a game," Griezmann said. "If the coach called me up it's because he thinks I can bring something to the team. I hope I can prove it out on the pitch."