- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Topic - Anže Kopitar
Back in the Los Angeles Kings' less-than-stellar past, clinching a playoff berth would have been cause for celebration.
Even after three games and a cross-country flight in the previous five days, the Los Angeles Kings came out roaring at home with a three-goal first period against Winnipeg.
Martin Jones made a habit of winning big games at the Saddledome during his Western Hockey League career.
Slovenia is not satisfied with just showing up to play hockey at the Olympics for the first time. Its players want to win.
Alex Ovechkin had a goal and an assist in a breathtaking start and the Russians went on to beat Slovenia 5-2 Thursday in their Sochi Olympics opener.
The way the Los Angeles Kings have been struggling to score goals, they were fortunate one was enough to snap their five-game losing streak.
After a second straight early postseason exit, the Los Angeles Kings set out to pump up the offense beyond leading scorer Anze Kopitar. They took a big first step by nabbing high-scoring center Mike Richards from the Philadelphia Flyers.
Kings scoring leader Anze Kopitar has left Saturday's game against Colorado in the second period with an injured right knee.
"Definitely we didn't want to make it as interesting as it was, but yeah I guess it was pretty big," said Kopitar of his third-period goal that put the Kings up 3-0 and eventually stood up as the winner. "It wasn't the prettiest win tonight, but at the end of the day we got the two points."
"He put on a really nice show tonight," Kopitar said. "He's been stellar for us. Every time he's been in the net, he's been really good for us."