- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest April Deboer Items
An economist testified Tuesday that children raised by heterosexual parents had a much greater chance of making normal progress through school than those living with same-sex couples, putting his own spin on census data that was crunched differently by another expert at Michigan's gay-marriage trial.
Supporters of a lesbian couple who are challenging Michigan's ban on same-sex marriage are planning a rally outside Detroit's federal courthouse.
A sociologist testifying Wednesday at Michigan's gay-marriage trial said children raised by same-sex parents suffer no handicap when compared to other kids.
Two Detroit-area nurses challenging Michigan's ban on gay marriage have entered the courthouse hand-in-hand for the start of trial.
Children need good parents, no matter their gender or sexual orientation, a psychologist testified Tuesday at a trial challenging Michigan's ban on gay marriage.
Michigan's nearly decade-old ban on gay marriage is going to trial Tuesday, with two weeks set aside for testimony from experts about whether there's a legitimate state interest in restricting marriage to a man and a woman.
DETROIT | Stunning the courtroom, a federal judge said Wednesday he'll hold a February trial before deciding whether to overturn Michigan's definition of marriage as the union of a man and a woman.
A federal judge has declined to issue a ruling on Michigan's same-sex marriage ban, opting instead to wait on the U.S. Supreme Court's decision on separate gay marriage cases it's due to hear.