- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Arapahoe High School
Latest Arapahoe High School Items
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — The parents of a girl who was fatally shot at her suburban Denver high school have attended a healing ceremony with other students there.
By The Associated Press (AP) — Good morning.
DENVER (AP) — Prepared text of Gov. John Hickenlooper's State of the State speech on Thursday:
It's a stark fact that is fueling an already intense debate about gun rights in this state: It was an armed deputy who stopped the Arapahoe High School gunman last week from unleashing a deadly massacre, not the expansive new gun control laws approved by Colorado Democrats in March in reaction to two mass shootings.
It wasn't Colorado's tough new gun laws but the active-shooter protocol followed by deputies that stopped a teen gunman Friday from killing anyone other than himself at Arapahoe High School, the governor said Sunday.
Colorado's governor asked the nation Sunday for prayers for the 17-year-old girl who was critically wounded by a classmate at her suburban Denver high school.
A student armed with a shotgun and looking for a staff member burst Friday into suburban Arapahoe High School, where he shot and injured two students before turning the gun on himself.