- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest Araz Alali Items
Police say Indianapolis Colts safety Joe Lefeged (luh-FEHJ') has been arrested on gun-related charges after a traffic stop in Washington.
A 34-year-old man fatally shot early Tuesday by a D.C. police officer was the first to fire a gun during their encounter, Metropolitan Police Department officials said.
Three men were shot and injured in the District during two recent robbery attempts in which victims fought back against their attackers, police said.
A handful of protest activity was reported around Monday's inaugural celebrations, with the most serious incident occurring hours before the ceremony when demonstrators marching through the Chinatown neighborhood in Northwest Washington smashed windows at a bank and a Hooters restaurant.
A man found dead in a Northwest D.C. apartment building's ventilation shaft Wednesday night was identified as a 23-year-old Clarksburg man who went missing on New Year's Day, according to D.C. police.
Holiday gifts may have already been delivered to their destinations, but that didn’t stop a pair of robbers from holding up a UPS driver in Southeast D.C. on Wednesday and hoisting packages from the back of the driver’s van.
A D.C. police officer shot and wounded a robbery suspect in Southeast on Tuesday, officials said.
A man was killed Thursday night during a home invasion in the District's North Michigan Park neighborhood in Northeast, police said.
Two men were shot overnight in the District, one in a home invasion in the Trinidad neighborhood and another outside of a school near the Anacostia Metro station, according to police.