- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest Araz Alali Items
Authorities say they're investigating after Georgetown University alerted them to a report of possible ricin in a dormitory.
Police say Indianapolis Colts safety Joe Lefeged (luh-FEHJ') has been arrested on gun-related charges after a traffic stop in Washington.
A 34-year-old man fatally shot early Tuesday by a D.C. police officer was the first to fire a gun during their encounter, Metropolitan Police Department officials said.
Three men were shot and injured in the District during two recent robbery attempts in which victims fought back against their attackers, police said.
A handful of protest activity was reported around Monday's inaugural celebrations, with the most serious incident occurring hours before the ceremony when demonstrators marching through the Chinatown neighborhood in Northwest Washington smashed windows at a bank and a Hooters restaurant.
Holiday gifts may have already been delivered to their destinations, but that didn’t stop a pair of robbers from holding up a UPS driver in Southeast D.C. on Wednesday and hoisting packages from the back of the driver’s van.
A D.C. police officer shot and wounded a robbery suspect in Southeast on Tuesday, officials said.
A man was killed Thursday night during a home invasion in the District's North Michigan Park neighborhood in Northeast, police said.
Two men were shot overnight in the District, one in a home invasion in the Trinidad neighborhood and another outside of a school near the Anacostia Metro station, according to police.