- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Arcata
A former police officer in Humboldt County is claiming that one of his superiors offered to buy dinner and drinks for members of a unit that investigates marijuana grows if they met a quota for seizing pot plants and money from cultivators.
Humboldt State University in California has invited Jimmy Kimmel to deliver the school's commencement address after he joked about its marijuana research program.
Howard Kuljian and his family were out for a walk on a damp, overcast morning at Big Lagoon beach, playing fetch with their dog, Fran, as 10-foot surf churned the water just feet away like a washing machine.
When Antonio Lawton heard the sirens blare March 11, he realized that something wasn't right. Crescent City, Calif., tests its tsunami warning system on the first Tuesday of the month. This was a Friday.