- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
Latest Armenia Items
Tens of thousands of Turks, waving Azeri flags, rallied Sunday to mark the anniversary of a notorious attack that Azerbaijanis say killed hundreds of people during the six-year war with Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh, an ethnic Armenian enclave in Azerbaijan.
Stephen Blank's concern about Iranian threats against Azerbaijan seem hollow in the face of Azerbaijan's ongoing efforts to deepen economic and political ties between the two countries ("America's drone in Iran's neighborhood," Commentary, Jan. 7).
Azerbaijan on Wednesday launched free military intelligence courses for teenagers as young as 15 as the ex-Soviet state remains mired in an unresolved conflict with neighboring Armenia.
It's the most wonderful time of the year, time for that special event that lifts us out of the winter doldrums. Yes, the 38th annual Eastern Open kicks off Dec. 27, a four-section, seven-round Swiss event that regularly attracts one of the largest and strongest fields for a regional event.
Young Chinese GM Hou Yifan has held on to her women's world championship crown, decisively defeating Indian challenger Humpy Koneru by a 5 1/2-2 1/2 score in their scheduled 10-game match in Tirana, Albania.
A buoyant Tunisia is to enter a new phase of democratic rule Tuesday with the inauguration of its elected constituent assembly, 10 months after a popular uprising ended years of dictatorship.
The U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly condemned the reported Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States and called on Iran to cooperate with an investigation that already has linked the Islamist regime to the assassination attempt.
Two teachers and a university student were rescued from ruined buildings in eastern Turkey on Wednesday, three days after a devastating earthquake, but searchers said hopes of finding anyone else alive were fading rapidly.
Distraught Turkish families mourned outside a mosque or sought to identify loved ones among rows of bodies Monday as rescue workers scoured debris for survivors after a 7.2-magnitude quake that killed nearly 300 people.