- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Arthur Conan Doyle
Latest Arthur Conan Doyle Items
In the West, there was the Hole in the Wall Gang, including members Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
The makers of TV's "Sherlock" say even a lobbying effort by British Prime Minister David Cameron wouldn't persuade them to produce more episodes each season.
Zhou Yeling dragged herself out of bed at 5 a.m. for a long-awaited date with her favorite Englishman - Sherlock Holmes.
CHICAGO (AP) — It's the kind of puzzle that might have amused Sherlock Holmes himself.
It was an archaeological hoax that fooled scientists for decades. A century on, researchers are determined to find out who was responsible for Piltdown Man, the missing link that never was.
What if the wolf at the door were more than metaphor? This is the premise of Tana French's latest detective novel, "Broken Harbor," the fourth in her Dublin Murder Squad series. These four novels have instated Ms. French as one of crime fiction's reigning grand dames -- a Celtic tigress.
Here's a mystery I wish Sherlock Holmes would solve: What the heck is going on in his new movie?
Professor James Moriarty has taken a lot of heat the last century for crimes he didn't commit.
"The virtue of the Sabbath, honoring the sanctity of life, reclaiming fatherhood, reclaiming motherhood, marriage and family, physiology of success, truth and its rewards, conscientious objection, the morality of race, the virtue of capitalism, the virtue of saving, moving towards a virtuous civilization."