- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Topic - Arthur Handy
Rhode Island faces a serious threat from climate change but should consider it an opportunity to become a national leader on this front, the head of a legislative panel on the environment said Thursday.
"The science is very, very clear: Climate change is happening, it's real, and it's a threat to us," said Handy, D-Cranston. "Where there's a crisis, there's an opportunity."