- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Arthur Miller Items
Elmore Leonard, who died Tuesday morning at age 87, helped achieve for crime writing what Stephen King did for horror and Ray Bradbury for science fiction. He made it hip, and he made it respectable.
People reading the business news recently may have glossed over a report that a Washington claims-court ruled that a particular plaintiff could pursue its case against the U.S. government. Much more is riding on this determination, however, than is apparent at first blush. To paraphrase Arthur Miller, a terrible thing might be happening, so we must pay attention.
Anna Deavere Smith has won one of the largest and most prestigious awards in the arts.
It's a virtual law, maybe even a commandment, of all literature classes: Write what you know. Don't forget to write what you know. Playwright Quiara Alegria Hudes agrees _ up to a point.
FBI files on Marilyn Monroe that could not be located months ago have been found and reissued, revealing the names of some of the movie star's acquaintances who drew concern from government officials and her own entourage.
FBI files on Marilyn Monroe that could not be located earlier this year have been found and re-issued, revealing the names of some of the movie star's communist-leaning friends who drew concern from government officials and her own entourage.
In a decision that will make many a man sigh unhappily, Scarlett Johansson won't be bringing sexy back to Broadway.
For a man who built his career on word economy, the title is pretty darned long — the National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.
For a man who built his career on word economy, the title is pretty darned long _ The National Book Foundation's Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters.