- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest A'S Items
The Oakland Athletics sent minor league right-hander Ronald Herrera to the San Diego Padres on Wednesday to complete the trade for outfielder/first baseman Kyle Blanks.
Michael Choice acknowledged it was an extra special victory. Playing against his former team, and leading off for the first time with his new squad, Choice had to smile.
Josh Reddick isn't ready to declare himself out of an early season batting slump, not after the miserable start he got off to.
New Oakland closer Jim Johnson was glad to get through his first outing of the spring with the Athletics, and manager Bob Melvin is allowing him to prepare at his own pace.
Scott Kazmir is walking into a different situation with the Oakland Athletics and a most different role.
Athletics third baseman Scott Sizemore will miss the entire 2012 season after tearing a ligament in his left knee last weekend during Oakland's first full-squad workout.
King Felix is still on top, all right.
Hideki Matsui figures if he has a good season in his first year with the Oakland Athletics it could provide some strength for his struggling countrymen back home in Japan.
David DeJesus has been on the Oakland Athletics' radar for a while now. They like his near-perfect defense, baserunning and consistent bat.