- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
Latest A'S Items
Sonny Gray is headed to the Oakland Athletics' rotation this year.
New Oakland closer Jim Johnson was glad to get through his first outing of the spring with the Athletics, and manager Bob Melvin is allowing him to prepare at his own pace.
Oakland Athletics catcher John Jaso will take his place behind home plate in a game for the first time since suffering a concussion when he was struck by a foul tip on July 24.
Sean Doolittle had a cast covering his right wrist three years ago, the latest in a series of injuries that cost him nearly three years of his professional career.
Sam Fuld has never backed down from a challenge and that's been a major reason he's still playing professional baseball. He's facing his latest test trying to make the roster of the Oakland Athletics as a reserve outfielder.
Scott Kazmir is walking into a different situation with the Oakland Athletics and a most different role.
New closer Jim Johnson agreed to a $10 million, one-year contract with the Oakland Athletics on Thursday.
Major League Baseball says the umpires were wrong.
On a spring training afternoon in March, Davey Johnson proclaimed that if his team didn't make the playoffs, the Washington Nationals could fire him. And he meant it. But in a season filled with organizational bests — 98 wins, the National League East crown and the arrival of a fan base — there never was any worry they'd have to.