- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Asante Samuel
Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith sounded dismayed while discussing his team's latest major injury.
Atlanta has lost linebacker Sean Weatherspoon for at least eight weeks and running back Steven Jackson will miss the Falcons' next game _ and maybe more.
The Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons, who tied for the league's best record at 13-3, are well aware of one of the NFL's biggest truisms: more often than not, the regular season is for suckers.
The Atlanta Falcons wanted to make a statement.
Of all the teams to end the Atlanta Falcons' unbeaten run, it had to be their resurgent rivals, the New Orleans Saints in a game filled with drama until the end.
Asante Samuel stared directly at his former team's sideline and started trash-talking right after the coin toss. By the fourth quarter, Samuel was dancing on the field between plays.
Matt Ryan and the Falcons have plenty of mistakes to work on during their bye week.
Matt Ryan threw the 100th touchdown pass of his career and the Atlanta Falcons took a 27-7 lead after three quarters over the Denver Broncos and struggling quarterback Peyton Manning on Monday night.
Tony Gonzalez caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from Matt Ryan in the second quarter to help the Atlanta Falcons take a 20-7 halftime lead over struggling Denver quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos on Monday night.
Peyton Manning threw interceptions on Denver's first three possessions, and the Atlanta Falcons took a 10-0 lead over the Broncos in the first quarter Monday night.
The Atlanta Falcons have lost cornerback Brent Grimes to a season-ending Achilles tendon injury.
So much for Atlanta having to worry about playing time for three top cornerbacks. The Falcons lost one of them in their very first game.
Asante Samuel was willing to restructure his contract to play for the Atlanta Falcons.
A person familiar with the deal says the Falcons have acquired four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel from the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Atlanta Falcons were in negotiations on Tuesday to acquire cornerback Asante Samuel from the Philadelphia Eagles.
"We really thought we were going to pull it off," cornerback Asante Samuel said. "But we have bigger fish to fry."
"We love the haters, man," said Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel, who had the first of two interceptions against Eli Manning. "The haters keep us going. So keep your hate coming. We love it. It makes us play with a chip on our shoulder."