- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
Latest Asante Samuel Items
Capsules of the 16 NFC teams entering NFL free agency, which begins Tuesday:
The Atlanta Falcons have released two former longtime starters, cornerback Asante Samuel and linebacker Stephen Nicholas, from their defense.
Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith sounded dismayed while discussing his team's latest major injury.
Atlanta has lost linebacker Sean Weatherspoon for at least eight weeks and running back Steven Jackson will miss the Falcons' next game _ and maybe more.
The Denver Broncos and Atlanta Falcons, who tied for the league's best record at 13-3, are well aware of one of the NFL's biggest truisms: more often than not, the regular season is for suckers.
The Atlanta Falcons wanted to make a statement.
Of all the teams to end the Atlanta Falcons' unbeaten run, it had to be their resurgent rivals, the New Orleans Saints in a game filled with drama until the end.
Asante Samuel stared directly at his former team's sideline and started trash-talking right after the coin toss. By the fourth quarter, Samuel was dancing on the field between plays.
Matt Ryan and the Falcons have plenty of mistakes to work on during their bye week.