- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Ash Wednesday Items
Ash Wednesday and mud season? New Hampshire's Episcopal bishop sees a connection.
A campus minister at Northern Illinois University and another from a nearby church are hitting the streets to bring Ash Wednesday to those can't or don't make it to a service.
Ash Wednesday is making an impact on society and social culture. But why do people find it to be so important?
Standing across the street from the governor's home on Ash Wednesday, the head of North Carolina's NAACP told protesters that the Duke Energy coal ash spill that coated 70 miles of the Dan River with toxic sludge is not merely an ecological disaster but also a sin.
D.C. fire chief never fully vetted; D.C. having budget 'kerfuffle'; Romney wins Virginia; P.G. police decide to charge council member Toles with reckless driving; Details emerge about Md. assembly's 'doomsday' budget; Maryland Democrats pose another smoking ban; 50th anniversary of deadly Ash Wednesday storm; Muth indicted for first-degree murder in death of Georgetown socialite; MoCo approves cameras on outside of school buses.