- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Ashley Baker
Nearly a year after two Santa Cruz police officers were shot and killed, a fund set up for their families has collected more than a half-million dollars but hasn't distributed a dime, a newspaper reported.
A southwestern Michigan woman blamed for a crash that killed four church members on an icy road in southwestern Michigan has been sentenced to one year in jail for driving under the influence of marijuana.
Need a place to stay during the presidential inauguration? An apartment in Southwest is going for $12,000 for the long weekend.
But Ashley Baker, the daughter of Butch Baker, said she plans to contest the payout plan because the money was initially promoted as a scholarship fund for the officers' children, and later called a memorial fund.