- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Ashley Hildebrandt
Alexandria police on Tuesday were investigating the fatal shooting of a longtime planner with the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments.
Detectives were investigating the motive in Mr. Kirby's slaying, but Alexandria Police Department spokeswoman Ashley Hildebrandt said police "don't believe there is a threat to the public."
Ms. Hildebrandt said the homicide occurred within a matter of hours from the time he was discovered.