- Edge in Democrat-leaning Americans not enough to make up for GOP turnout: poll
- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a forum for 21 Pacific Rim countries (styled "Member Economies") to cooperate on regional trade and investment liberalisation and facilitation. APEC's objective is to enhance economic growth and prosperity in the region and to strengthen the Asia-Pacific community. Members account for approximately 40% of the world's population, approximately 54% of world GDP and about 44% of world trade. - Source: Wikipedia
I am afraid it could be too early to reject the possibility that Taiwan's President Ma Ying-jeou will meet his Chinese counterpart, President Xi Jinping, in Shanghai's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meeting next year ("Inside China: China ridicules Indian navy," Web, Aug. 22). Mr. Xi may soon realize that this timing is the best and perhaps the only opportunity for them to meet officially before 2016, when Mr. Ma will end the last term of his presidency.
In July, the Republic of China (Taiwan) signed a historic economic cooperation agreement with New Zealand.
With less than two months left for Washington to avoid an impending fiscal crisis that could drive economic recovery into a tailspin, President Obama will break away from negotiations to spend four days on a diplomatic trip to Southeast Asia.
Pacific Rim leaders pledged Sunday to fend off the deepening damage from the European financial crisis and revive flagging growth in the region by supporting open trade, reforming their economies and strengthening public finances.
A federal agent charged with killing a man inside a McDonald's restaurant in Waikiki was in Hawaii to help with security at this week's Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit, officials said Monday.
The Obama administration is hoping to build on the momentum of recent free-trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia and Panama as attention turns to the Trans-Pacific Partnership and trade promotion authority.
At a Senate Finance Committee hearing March 31, Democratic chairman Max Baucus of Montana spoke of boosting U.S. exports to Asia.