- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Asia Society
California Gov. Jerry Brown has designs on building some of the most expensive public works projects in the nation and wants to keep the state moving forward in its slow recovery from the recession.
The Obama administration's top national security official said Monday that the United States "will not accept North Korea as a nuclear state" and called on Chinese leaders to get serious about cracking down on cyber-related crimes.
The former U.S. ambassador to Pakistan, who resigned abruptly last year, is calling for Washington and Islamabad to break the "tyranny of negative narratives" and wage a stronger fight against terrorism and corruption in the strategic but unstable South Asian nation.
The 2 billion women in Asia are still paid less than men for similar work and are extremely underrepresented in top leadership positions, according to a report that estimates limits on female employment cost the region $89 billion a year in lost productivity.
More than 200 photographs of New York City taken by Chinese activist artist Ai Weiwei (eye way-way) in the 1980s and early `90s are being shown at a Manhattan exhibition.
An exhibition of more than 200 photographs by Ai Weiwei chronicles New York City in the 1980s and early `90s when the recently detained Chinese activist artist lived there before he won international acclaim as a conceptual artist.